Communications Manager – University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine
Posted: Aug. 19, 2017
The Communications Manager, Advancement and Engagement (Manager) is primarily responsible for managing media relations for the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine (UNR Med). The position is also a primary spokesperson for the school on media-related matters. The Manager reports to the Communications Marketing Director and works directly with the Senior Director, Advancement and Engagement on media relations matters.
As an integral member of Advancement and Engagement (A+E), the Communications Manager supports UNR Med’s integrated communications marketing initiatives through strategic and proactive national, regional and local media relations, content development, publications and communications counsel. The position’s foremost role leads UNR Med’s national, statewide and local media relations efforts to increase awareness of UNR Med by identifying, developing, pursuing and placing news stories in the media and through UNR Med-owned media (e.g. newsletters, Synapse, web and other content channels). The Communications Manager further serves UNR Med key internal audiences “clients” by assisting with and consulting on public relations, media relations and other communications-related topics.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop an annual media relations plan to maximize UNR Med national, statewide and local news opportunities with target audiences
- Develop an annual news release and editorial calendar to further increase the school’s awareness and position the Dean and key faculty as industry experts
- Build and maintain positive media relationships (local, rural, statewide and national)
- Identify, develop and proactively pitch reporters to secure targeted earned media placements
- Serve as UNR Med’s primary point of contact for all media inquiries, responding swiftly to reporter requests, including coordinating interviews, identifying expert sources, providing photos and scheduling filming locations
- Develop, recommend best practices and oversee the implementation of a UNRMed Newsroom, working with the Senior Director, Communications Marketing Director and the Web Technology Marketing Manager for input and to execute
- Draft/edit news releases, including target media distribution
- Utilize UNR Med media software (Cision) to build and maintain custom media distribution lists
- Research and draft guest columns, op-eds, FAQs, e-newsletter articles, blog posts and other external-facing content that engages key audiences, collaborating with the Content Marketing Manager to schedule content
- Train and prepare faculty and staff for media interviews
- Coordinate, accompany and manage on-campus media visits, including news conferences and interview opportunities that protect patient and student privacy
- Attend UNR Med events and conduct research and interviews with stakeholders to tell compelling stories
- Translate technical topics into easily understood communication by diverse audiences
- Manage and monitor media coverage; report results/metrics to key UNR Med audiences
- Provide proactive PR and media relations support to Advancement and Engagement’s Special Events and Development teams to increase awareness, impact attendance and drive engagement
- Serve as project manager and writer for Synapse magazine managing freelance/contractor support
For nearly 50 years the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine (UNR Med) has trained physicians who are leading the way to ‘A Healthy Nevada,’ nation and world. Community-based and research-intensive, UNR Med was founded upon a three-part mission of education, research and service and is committed to the values of compassion, diversity, excellence, integrity, respect, safety, service and stewardship. The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine is an inclusive and engaged community. We recognize that diverse faculty and leaders add value to the educational experience and promote excellence in our teaching, patient care, and research missions. We seek applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences who can contribute towards our mission, and uphold our core values.
Our mission has guided our growth in graduating the next generation of primary and specialty care physicians and medical researchers, while maintaining personalized instruction. We are building new residencies to train medical specialists, and expanding technologically-advanced infrastructure to keep pace with our world-class research to meet the needs of students, patients and researchers. The School of Medicine has a statewide outreach with a local touch providing patient care, health services and training physicians in Reno, Nevada and in the state’s rural communities. We seek to create an environment that serves all who enter our doors, from the physicians who teach our learners, to our employees and patients, whose health we seek to improve. For more information on the University and the School of Medicine, please go to http://med.unr.edu/why-faculty
The University of Nevada offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision and a very generous 14.5% matching retirement plan. Furthermore, the state of Nevada has no state income tax and a very reasonable cost of living. Please go to www.unr.edu/hr/benefits for more information.
Reno/Tahoe is located just 3 ½ hour drive from San Francisco, and 1 ½ hours from the Sacramento area. Reno/Tahoe area is one of the country’s outdoor meccas with mild weather, four seasons and over 300 days of sunshine per year. Within less than an hour drive you will find several famous winter sports resorts (such as Squaw Valley, the host of the 1960 Winter Olympic Games) and hundreds of mountain biking and hiking trails (including the 165-mile Lake Tahoe Rim Trail).
For more information on Reno/Tahoe, please visit:
Master’s degree and 2 years of related experience
Relevant Experience: media relations, public relations, communications, or public affairs experience.
Contact Rebecca Rumbaugh to apply for this position.
RAD Strategies Inc. – Public Relations Specialist
Posted: Aug. 11, 2017
A Public Relations Specialist at RAD is responsible for ensuring our client’s brand is effectively managed while providing superior service. In addition to creating strong relationships with our client’s stakeholders, especially the valuable customer and the media that speaks to that audience, this position creates, manages and implements campaigns with the goal of positively positioning the business with its audiences.
- Planning and directing client public relations and promotional programs
- Manage workflow
- Consistently seek innovative opportunities to promote client’s brand and retail message through social media and public relations programs
- Oversee development of any creative materials
- Manage any paid advertising components, including those on social media
- Copyedit, proofread, and revise communications
- Design, create and manage email marketing campaigns and regular on-going distributions
- Recommend, implement and maintain client website updates
- Manage client’s budget and expenses
- Promote the client through strong public relations initiatives
- Develop marketing communications campaigns
- Create thought leadership materials
- Create and deliver press releases, media relations content, case studies, white papers, executive bios, corporate newsletter content, social media content and speaking messages
- Create engaging and relevant content to distribute through client’s social media channels
- Identify, develop and execute communications strategy for key media contacts to generate earned media
- Assist in coordination of and participate in media interviews
- Review and stay on media coverage and industry trends
- Develop fresh story ideas and customized client pitches
- Conduct extensive media outreach
- Prepare briefing materials
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics for media visits
- Provide special event support and coordination
- Prepare agendas and manage follow up activities
- Provide reporting to clients on all initiatives
- College degree preferred with an emphasis on communications, public relations, journalism or related field
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in public relations or related industry
- Knowledge and understanding of current social media-related technology and use
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of AP style guidelines and news-style writing
- Ability to manage initiatives from start to completion through effective communications
- Presentation abilities
- Meet all established deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and prioritize accordingly
- Be creative, decisive, responsive, able to work independently and take responsibility for decisions and outcomes
- Knowledge of office software tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.), Adobe Creative Suite and web publishing tools preferred
- Travel to events and meetings, primarily regionally or statewide
Email resumes to email@example.com.
PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER
Posted: July 13, 2017
OPEN COMPETITIVE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED SALARY RANGE: $63,606.40 to $93,704.00 depending on qualifications. APPLICATION INFORMATION: The supplemental questionnaire is on the second page of this document. Please submit RTC employment application and supplemental questionnaire to the Regional Transportation Commission/HR Department, PO Box 30002, Reno, Nevada 89520; by faxing to (775) 348-3209; or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
THE REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION (RTC) OF WASHOE COUNTY, NEVADA invites applications for the position of Public Information Officer. The Public Information Officer provides information to the media, civic and government groups, and the general public to build relationships within the community for the RTC. This position involves a broad spectrum of responsibilities, including developing materials for all media platforms, developing written reports, expanding the RTC’s social media reach, and working with members of the public at community outreach events.
Job Knowledge & Skills: Knowledge of public relations practices, strategic program development, marketing principles and how to reach various audiences. Knowledge of: methods and techniques of broadcast video and audio productions, including social media; developing, implementing and enhancing social media networks. Skill in: meeting deadlines; designing and coordinating events; developing and maintaining cooperative and productive working relationships with local media and key figures in community groups and agency programs and RTC staff. Skill in: interpreting and explaining RTC policies and procedures; editing and organizing information into an appropriate format for presentations; communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing and submitting multiple projects in a timely manner. Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, communications, or related field; AND at least three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in marketing or media relations; OR equivalent combination of education and experience. Valid driver’s license at time of appointment. Ability to work in a standard office environment. Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 25 lbs; use cameras, video cameras, audio/video equipment, computers, telephones, printers and copiers.
ABOUT THE PROCESS: Applications and responses to the supplemental questionnaires will be evaluated to determine those candidates whose background and experience most closely meet the agency’s needs. The most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in the next phase of the examination process, a panel interview that may include assessment exercise(s) to demonstrate possession of required knowledge, skills and abilities. Equal Opportunity Employer/Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply/Drug Free Work Place Public Information Officer Supplemental Questionnaire
On a separate sheet(s) of paper, answer each of the following questions. Please be specific and include enough detailed information to answer each question completely. This information needs to accompany your application. Put your name and “Public Information Officer Supplemental Questionnaire” on each separate sheet of paper. For supplemental questions one and two, indicate the name of the company, your position, and the name of someone we can contact to verify the information.
- On a weekly basis, describe your contact with the media. Please specify on camera work. Please describe your writing skills.(Limit response to 500 words or less)
- Please describe your experience working with the media in crisis situations, delivering key messaging and managing difficult interviews. (Limit response to 500 words or less)
- Please describe your philosophy in working with both the media and the general public. (Limit response to 500 words or less)
- What can the RTC do to proactively get the agency’s message out to the media? Stakeholders and the general public?
- Please describe the role you think social media should have in the RTC public information program and your experience with social media.
- Please describe the role you think social media should have in the RTC public information program and your experience with social media.
Public Relations Manager
Posted: June 30, 2017
The Glenn Group, a creative marketing firm for Nevada companies with offices in Reno and Las Vegas, is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time position as Public Relations Manager in the company’s Reno office.
Working with senior management and other agency departments, the Public Relations Manager is responsible for working with clients to establish and execute public relations programs for clients in a variety of industries. The ideal candidate will likely be in an Account Executive or similar position with an agency or client now and ready to take the next step up to Manager. The right candidate will thrive in a fast-paced creative environment and will be strategic, organized and proactive while being detail oriented in the actual execution of plans.
The chosen candidate will demonstrate strong writing skills across a variety of mediums and industries; solid media relationships, primarily in Nevada; knowledge and experience in executing effective social media strategies and tactics with a variety of platforms (please provide examples); understanding of and experience executing public relations strategies including media and community relations; strategic partnership development; and excellent verbal and written communications skills. Other requirements are listed below.
- A minimum of 4-5 years experience in public relations, media relations, community relations or related field. Previous agency work preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business (Marketing with a PR or Communications Minor) or Journalism with an emphasis in public relations or communications is preferred.
- Experience working with one/all of the following industries preferred: gaming, healthcare, events, retail, government, non-profit.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills are mandatory.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Creating and managing social media campaigns.
- Social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) – strategic uses.
- Online advocacy, writing editorial, community-outreach efforts, monitoring and posting on blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed.
- Must work well under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy and attention to details.
- Provide proven (results-oriented) public relations programs/campaigns/plans.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, special events, and holidays as needed.
- Must demonstrate poise, professionalism and teamwork.
- Must be available to travel.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database software, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and other social media platforms.
Our team is creative, fun loving, passionate and results oriented – not to mention dog-friendly and family-oriented. If you think you’d be a good fit, we invite you to submit a cover letter, resume, website or blog with work samples, references and salary requirements no later than July 7, 2017 to:
The Glenn Group
Marketing Director – Full-Time Entertainment/Hospitality In Lake Tahoe (South Lake Tahoe)
Posted: June 15, 2017
Marketing Director wanted for a full-time position at The Loft Theatre-Lounge-Dining in the Heavenly Village, South Lake Tahoe, California. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated self-starter to join our team and create a positive impact. The Loft Theatre is home to Lake Tahoe’s #1 rated show, Magic Fusion, which performs in The Loft Theatre 7-nights a week year-round. The Loft is also an award-winning restaurant, voted “Best Of Tahoe”, and Heavenly Village’s only Ultra Lounge featuring DJ’s, live music, entertainment, and nightly promotions.
Requirements/Job Duties include, but not limited to:
- Bachelors degree or greater
- 1-2+ years of relevant marketing experience in hospitality and/or entertainment
- Creative/ambitious/entrepreneurial-type to maintain and build-on our existing creative marketing plan
- Work with existing graphic artist for all creative artwork for printed materials and ad campaigns
- Write, schedule, and distribute Press Releases for all departments
- Create and manage all social media messaging and posts
- Manage and grow existing customer email database
- Write, schedule, and manage email database marketing
- Manage to budget our paid advertising campaigns for print, radio, video, social media, billboard, etc
- Identifies business trends, demographic audience(s), and market intelligence to develop appropriately targeted marketing
strategies to meet or exceed objectives
- Develops and implements effective marketing campaigns to increase company’s presence and evaluates effectiveness/ROI of each
- Positively promotes company’s image, services, capabilities, and flexibility to help educate consumers, increase brand
awareness, and facilitate growth
- Creates and distributes print and electronic marketing and sales materials
- Works closely with operations team on developing support material for group sales programs
- Monitors web and social media activity to maintain positive image, makes appropriate updates, and cultivate new relationships
while fostering existing ones
- Track, manage, and maintain keyword research, positioning, and google analytic.
- Running SEO reports that include google analytic and other necessary reporting tools
- Plan, Execute and manage campaigns to increase organic rankings and exposure
- Assist with correct keywords and tags to add to product descriptions
- Creating new ways to reach our audience through viral initiatives
- Monitor our website property and others for performance and clean aesthetic design
- Impact bottom-line by generating media coverage that will create awareness, buzz, and desire to drive headcount to all areas of The Loft.
- Media outreach to our local and feeder markets to generate influential coverage for all departments, Entertainment, Food & Beverage, Nightlife
- Establish relationships with writers, bloggers, both local and regional
- Create Human interest stories for all departments at The Loft
- On-going communication with our local concierge, lodging, and marketing partners
- Distribution of promotional materials to our local concierge, lodging, and marketing partners
- Attend local Hospitality and Lodging Association Meetings representing The Loft
Please send resume and cover letter. We will follow-up with in-person or Skype interview.
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Web Specialist, University Libraries
Posted: May 19, 2017
The University of Nevada, Reno seeks applications for a Web Specialist to be responsible for coordinating the University Libraries’ web presence. The position is responsible for the ongoing technical management, updating, and repair of all server-side and client-side code on which the Libraries’ website is built. This includes routine maintenance and content upkeep as well as design and quality assurance activities. The position maintains public access to the databases underlying the Libraries’ various web services. The position collaborates with librarians and the Library Applications Specialist to implement new aspects of the website such as new pages, functionalities, and design.
Salary: $55,000-low $60s. This is a full-time administrative faculty position. A competitive benefits package includes full retirement and health insurance benefits, 24 vacation days per year, and tuition benefits for self and dependents. No state income tax.
The University of Nevada, Reno is the land-grant university and major research institution in the state with a student body of 22,000. The University Libraries include the main library in the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center and the DeLaMare Science and Engineering Library. The Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center, which was completed in 2008, is a campus showpiece providing high-tech research, presentation and computing spaces, and inviting study areas. The DeLaMare Library is housed in one of the oldest buildings on campus, on the National Register of Historic Places. Together, the Libraries combine traditional library services and unique primary research materials with dynamic collaboration and active learning spaces to meet the needs of university faculty and students. Instructional design, media production, and maker spaces are part of the library organization and we are proud to offer opportunities to collaborate with professionals and technologies in these specialties.
Reno is a metropolitan area of over 400,000 situated on the eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada mountain range. Reno offers a favorable quality of life recognized by numerous national sources. Residents and visitors enjoy an array of cultural activities and major festivals and events. It is an outdoor mecca, located 38 miles from Lake Tahoe and offering abundant summer and winter recreational opportunities. Sacramento and San Francisco are, respectively, two and four hour drives away.
The University of Nevada, Reno recognizes that diversity promotes excellence in education and research. We are an inclusive and engaged community and recognize the added value that students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds bring to the educational experience.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution and two years of relevant work experience or a Master’s Degree from an accredited institution and one year of relevant work experience.
Related Experience: web design and development, accessibility, web applications
Please attach your resume, cover letter addressing qualifications for the position, and contact information for three professional references.
Graphic/Production Artist – Wide Awake
Posted: April 14, 2017
Wide Awake, a marketing and innovation agency that specializes in modern marketing for gaming and hospitality properties, is looking for a full-time graphic/production artist who is detail oriented and adept at handling a workload with volume and velocity.
This person should have production skills for building out release-ready pieces in traditional (print ads, collateral, outdoor, signage, etc.) and digital (emails, banners, etc.). Should be fluent in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, basic HTML and CSS. Minimum 2 years’ experience. Salary DOE. Please email your portfolio and resume to Mike Disbennett (email@example.com) if you’re interested.
Marketing Coordinator – Nevada Advanced Pain Specialists
Minimum Requirements for Candidates*
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Journalism or similar field preferred.
Work Experience: Prefer one year experience doing marketing for a Pain Management practice or other medical setting.
Setting: Must be able to work in an office setting with office and medical equipment.
Communication: Must be able to speak, read, and write English fluently.
*Candidate/employee/contractor must notify employer if any of these requirements can’t be met.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Provide teamwork and support for others in administrative roles.
- Works to generate as many new patient referrals as possible within our market(s), and with as favorable of a payor mix as possible.
- Perform timely, complete, and accurate work as it relates to each of the following specific job duties:
- Visits referral sources to create and maintain positive working relationships with them.
- Coordinates marketing activities, including lunches and events with referral sources.
- Provides customer service to all customers, especially referral sources: answers questions, provides information, researches and resolves problems.
- Coordinates company activities with vendors (designers, printers, etc.).
- Assists with marketing research.
- Generates and coordinates use of marketing reports.
- Monitors marketing budget(s).
- Monitors schedules, production and distribution arrangements and other details to ensure timely completion and quality control of marketing activities and publications.
- Writes and/or edits copy for company marketing and website publications.
- Coordinates advertising placement and schedules.
- Manages social media.
- Designs necessary marketing materials.
- Establishes and maintains department records and files and provides additional administrative support.
- Inventories and orders supplies for marketing materials.
- Arranges for maintenance and repair of marketing equipment.
- Coordinates lunches and dinners with pharmaceutical representatives and providers.
- Administers other office functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Provide reports and information as requested by practice management.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations as it relates to this role, including all safety and health standards.
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present oneself as well as the company in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of applicable laws/policies/principles/etc.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and corresponding programs.
- Attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills and customer service skills required.
CALLING ALL CONSULTANTS!
Are you interested in supporting vibrant arts and cultural communities across Nevada?
Join a team of experts to assist arts and cultural organizations across the state with organizational development, fundraising, marketing, cultural planning and MUCH more. The Nevada Arts Council is accepting applications to join the Nevada Circuit Rider (NCR) Consultant Roster through Saturday, December 31, 2016. To learn more or apply, view the NCR Roster Application Form and Instructions.
Posted: Nov. 9, 2016
Wide Awake is looking for a pioneering thinker to join its account management team in Las Vegas or Reno as an account coordinator.
The account coordinator provides assistance to the account executive in the day-to-day management of accounts and develops the skills necessary to advance to the position of account executive. Responsibilities include opening jobs and doing change orders, ensuring that production of creative deadlines are followed, prepare status reports, take minutes at meetings, ensure all projects proceed according to plan and deadlines, proof copy and artwork and ensure all materials are correct before going to clients.
Wide Awake provides modern marketing for gaming companies with offices in Las Vegas and Reno, and our team is fun-loving, imaginative, giving and genuine – not to mention dog-friendly and family-focused.
If you think you’d be a good fit, we invite you to submit a cover letter, resume and references to VP/Account Management, Kelly Glenn, firstname.lastname@example.org 775.334.2700 – 702.914.1177
Posted: Nov. 9, 2016
Wide Awake is looking for a pioneering thinker to join its account management team in Reno or Las Vegas as an account executive.
The account executive manages the day-to-day needs of clients being the primary point of contact for client communications. Responsibilities include working on the strategic direction for projects, providing solutions for client’s marketing challenges, development of proposals as well as marketing and communications plans, and the coordination of
project timelines and budgets.
Wide Awake provides modern marketing for gaming and hospitality properties with offices in Las Vegas and Reno, and our team is fun-loving, imaginative, giving and genuine – not to mention dog-friendly and family-focused.
If you think you’d be a good fit, we invite you to submit a cover letter, resume and references to VP/Account Management, Kelly Glenn, email@example.com 775.334.2700 or 702.914.1177.